All messed everywhere.... Should I clean it? No I love it :-)
When years go by...We see a lot of difference in our behavior, our approach towards things changes.
There was a period when I use to maintain my office desk clean and organized but it is not the same now...
My personal dairy which I use in office has become least private now...its left alone in my desk..anyone can glance it through... minutes of the meeting, agenda, my thoughts, my worries, my mind voices etc.. are captured in it...still it becomes non-confidential nowadays.
Im neither 3yrs old nor 5yrs, even not 15 still in mid 30's I have kids collections like perfumed eraser, model house building, color pencils etc... which has become my show piece in my office desk...:-)
Hardly finding time to store my sipper, water-bottle in the locker....its not that I believe my office to be the best secured place, instead its my sloppiness towards my belongings these days.
My green hands which took care of the plant in my desk has been a murderer now...Often I kill my plant without water for many days... then on a blue moon I feel pity for her and do some magic to make her alive. She loves it too...in two three days she in return show her affection to me by producing a new leaf...then all of sudden I forget to treat her again....Sad but true.
Cups scattered on the desk... every-time when I fetch coffee or tea from the wending machine, I have a feel that my paper cup might leak.. as someone has created a myth in me that every plastic white-glass in my pantry leaks so always twins are picked...one used and other left alone in my desk...
Prettiest of all is the walls in my cabin, which is full of gifts from my loving friends... keychains, Bible verses, Verse magnet, souvenir from different places like Thailand, Philippians, Singapore, Amsterdam, Andaman, Goa etc.....which can never be given to others, nor can it be trashed....it remains as a treasure in my heart.
What more can I say about my desk...its all going to end by December. I can be flexible to adapt to other desks..but not sure whether I will be flexible to work in a deserted desk without my own messes :-) ...But still my loving desk remains a wonderland with all my mess.
Excellent!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you da
DeleteVery nice, Selin! Sums up most of our feelings towards our beloved desks. ๐
ReplyDeleteThank you Joanna
DeleteThoughts well captured. Very narrative. A very nice way to start. Well done Selin.
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteGood one! We'll narrated & I have the same feeling towards my cars, when I change them it feels hard but a new one starts off with a new feeling. So hope you have a new start...!! 1st time reading a write up about a loving desk. Nice.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sam
DeleteWow Selin! I cud hear ur voice while reading this... Well narrated. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Punitha.
DeleteNicely articulated... I can hear your voice in the back of the mind as I read it..
ReplyDeleteBut we all know : Maatram mattume maatramillathathu!
You never know what might interest you there..
Thank you Sandhya
DeleteExcellent chef!! Now blogger.. What more Avatar to be invaded..
ReplyDeleteThank you Ruby...all praise to Jesus.
ReplyDeleteSimply super๐
ReplyDeleteThank you Saravanan
DeleteGood one Selin. For most of us ours desks r like our Hse we have our own lives our precious things that remind us of family things we have or consider our own n make work feel more like home very comfortable. Nice write up. God bless
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your valuable comments. May I know who is this? Sorry
ReplyDeleteSuper Selin wonderfully narrates our attachment to our desks
ReplyDeleteThank you da :-)
DeleteI finally read your blog Selin ... Not many can transfer what's on their mind into words exactly. So I congratulate you on that. I request you to continue doing it more. Hopefully one day those thoughts could transfer into a book...
ReplyDeleteThank you Gerry
DeleteSelin sizy... Super๐๐. while readin this.. I can see myself๐๐..
ReplyDeletePlz do continue des kinda acts ka.
Wit loads of luv,
Kezia.
Thank you so much da ๐
Delete